Court Church Cipur

By Marta Martinovic

The church dedicated to the Birth of Our Lady was built at the foundations of Crnojevic temple monastery whose remains are in the historic core of Cetinje, in the place called Cipur. The church was built for the needs of the court Prince Nikola in 1890. The construction of church was actually finished in 1886, as put in the inscription at the front facade of the church, but, due to static miscalculation, there was serious damage to it, so the whole structure was rebuilt four years later.

Login or Create Account to leave a comment